Saturday 7 March 2015

Inspiration

Several things have happened this week that have made me realise how I take inspiration from things and people around me. It is people who have had the most impact on me this week.
Firstly, my friend Gilly at Gilly makes has inspired me to several of my makes recently. She has such lovely things on her blog.

Bridget the elephant
Sewing machine pin cushion




















I first saw the sewing machine pin cushion when she made it as a present for Sarah and it gave me the idea of making one for my daughter in law. The pattern is from Jennifer Jangles website and she has some brilliant makes on it. I entered this pin cushion in an online competition  that was run by The Little Fabric Bazaar and to my surprise and delight I won a voucher to spend on crafting goodies.

Bridget is from the Toft range of crochet animals and they are so addictive. I am now on my second one but you will have to wait to see if it stays a work in progress or I actually finish it as I have so many ideas in my head at the moment.

The second thing I have made this week has been my Easter bunny bags. I was inspired to make these after meeting a lady at Liberty Bell who has been making these to sell for charity. The way she described them made me think they would be ideal to fill with goodies for the grandchildren this Easter - some chocolate of course.
Easter bunny bags
Finally I was inspired by my daughter in law who made a scarf for LJ that fastens with a bow - so much safer than wrapping it round your neck for a child. I had made one for Amelia some time ago but her little sister Felicity is always trying it on so I decided it was time for her to have one of the own. They are also a great way of using up left over wool.
All of this has left me wondering who or what will inspire me to my next project!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Sue, particularly the sewing machine pin cushion and Bridget! I've just looked at the Toft range and think the sheep is very sweet - would be tempted if I didn't have so many other projects going on!

    Julia x
    PS. Very jealous that you now live so close to Liberty Bell - I love their style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up with some blog reading - thanks for the little mention, and here's to lots more inspirational makes! I've made Bridget & Seamus for my new baby cousin, but Emma has stayed at home - she's so cute and just perfect for Easter :-) And LOVE your little bunny bags too - what a great idea.
    Looking forward to see what you come up with next,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to meet you Sue, just love the pin cushion and bunny bags. Welcome to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to meet you too -it has taken me a long time to get here but really enjoying blogging

      Delete