Monday 23 March 2015

Annie Sloan chair

On Saturday I went on an all day course at The Palace Darling in Chester. They run Annie Sloan painting courses. This is something I started recently. This session focused on transforming a chair.
.

Starting point 
After deciding on  the fabric and paint colour never an easy thing for me! Work began - painting, reupholstering, chatting, and laughing.  The chalk paint is remarkable easy to use and very little preparation needed.

The finished results from group
So now I have a new comfortable chair for my sewing room. Even more reason to spend more time making - not that I need an excuse!

7 comments:

  1. Your chair is great! I had no idea that the AS paint came in so many lovely colours, I assumed - wrongly!! - that it only came in creamy and grey shades. Hope you enjoy sewing while sitting in your newly renovated chair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chair looks so fab! I'm a big fan of the AS chalk paint too - have you been to Gifts & Forget me Nots in Sheep Street in SuA? If not, you def have to pop in when you're in town... lots of lovely AS goodies :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have been but never got round to doing any AS before moving. My daughter enjoys the AS paint so has got me into it and I have several projects lined up - if I have the time - same old problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of the paint and stunning fabric. I really must try that paint I have such good things from so many blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chair looks fab and is inspiring me to do my bookcase which I bought AS paint and varnish for around 6 months ago!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your chair ...... I have great plans to paint the furniture in my studio with Chalk Paint, I just need to find the time!!

    http://frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Sue! I have popped over from Gilly's blog and am looking forward to following your creative adventures :-) I am enjoying this season of my life...similar to yours. There are so many projects I have lined up! I'm glad you decided to share some of yours through your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete